Thursday, July 14, 2011

The potato chip research includes soda

I like drinking soda; give me a can of Dr Pepper and I’m a happy girl.  When I read the potato chip study, I recognize that if I drink one soda per day this contributes two pounds weight gain every year.  Hmmm.  What’s a lifetime Weight Watcher to do?  Switch to diet soda.  That takes care of the problem, right?
Not so fast.  I’ve been reading that diet soda may be bad for a person and may also contribute to weight gain.  A recent CBS News report told that people who drink one diet soda per day face an increased risk of stroke or heart attack.  The CBS News report can be found at http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7337013n  This study involved 2500+ people for a period of 9 years.  The findings were released at the 2011American Stroke Association’s International Stroke Conference.  A news release from the researchers at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine can be found at

No comments:

Post a Comment