Saturday, May 7, 2011

We Interrupt this Arthritis Series for Mother's Day: Child of My Heart


Child of My Heart
I dedicate today to all the stepmothers who love and claim the children they married.  (Marry the man, marry his kids.  It's a choice you make.) 
I salute you, stepmoms.  It’s not always easy raising children.  It’s more complicated when you marry a man with children and grandparents and x-wives (mother to the children).  In the best of situations, it’s complicated.

When I married David 30+ years ago, I “married” Kerri too and she has been a joy.  She was always a good kid and I’m proud of the woman she has become.  Kerri is now in the step-mom role to two darling girls.  And I can tell there’s love in the mix.  Have we come full circle in the cycle of life? 
This Mother’s Day, I salute all stepmoms.  (Good job, Kerri and I love you.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment