Thursday, October 13, 2011

Book page edits


A couple interesting details about book page edits:  any corrections I or the publisher make HAVE to fit on that page.   (The publishing process already has the page numbers set.)   For example, on my first book when I got to book page edits new research on glucosamine/chondroitin studies had been released.  The new research results were different from what had been previously understood (and my writing reflected the old information.)  Well, that one edit was challenging.  At one point, I threw up my hands and said, I can’t make this fit.   I did eventually get it worded so the new results fit on that page.  Not an easy task. 
Another interesting aspect was finding erasable red ink pen for the book page edits required an on-line search and purchase at the Paper-mate website.   A writer friend had warned me I would need erasable red ink so I began looking before the book page proofs arrived.  You cannot find erasable red ink in my town.   

No comments:

Post a Comment