Thursday, December 19, 2013

Coping with a knee injury



Imagine me hobbling along on crutches and wearing a knee brace.  That’s my reality since I hurt my knee 11-15-2012.  I injured my knee, have had an MRI, a knee arthroscopy surgery and am now doing physical therapy as I heal and recuperate.  Here’s some observations: 
1.     I appreciate two healthy pain-free knees more than ever in the past.
2.     Crutches help me get around but I am not graceful on them.  Also it’s difficult/impossible to carry anything while using crutches. I was glad to put the crutches away a week after surgery and begin walking on both feet again. 
3.     You find out who among family and friends are really willing to help out with mundane things like putting on socks and shoes.  My hubby passed the test.

As my wise doctor nephew often tells us, ‘when it comes to healthbad things happen fast; good things happen slowly.’  I am dealing with the 'good things happening slowly' phase now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment