Monday, September 2, 2013

Bone health and osteoporosis



I’ve joined the ranks of people concerned about my bone health.  What is osteoporosis?  Who gets it?  What are symptoms of osteoporosis?  What can we do to keep our bones healthy?  Until recently I rarely thought about my bones; I bet you would agree that we have more pressing things to do than think about our bones.  But, I recently had a wake-up call that I need to take better care of my bones.  Then they will be able to take care of me. 

But just for fun, before we learn about osteoporosis, check out this youtube video of the Skeleton Dance at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e54m6XOpRgU   This video reminds us that without bones we could not walk or kick a soccer ball.  Without bones we could not stand up right.  Join me as we learn about osteoporosis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment