Friday, January 6, 2012

Top 7 blog posts --Memories of Christmas Past

This 4” tall silver tinsel Christmas tree brings memories of my childhood.  My parents bought this tree when I was a child.  Mom hung red satin balls on the tree and the color wheel made it shine yellow, red, blue and green.  

After Dad died in September 2006, we were preparing to sell the house. This Christmas tree (in the original box) was one item no one cared to keep. No one wanted this tree until my David spoke up and said, ‘if no one wants it, I will take it.’ I am so glad David rescued this tree from the give-away pile.  That very Christmas we used this silver Christmas tree.   

Again this year (5 + years since Dad died) we are enjoying our silver Christmas tree.   When I see this tree, I smile deep in my heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment