Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions or Not.


Do you make resolutions every New Year?  I quit making resolutions.  I found that I felt guilty when I discarded my resolution.  It’s not worth it to me.  

I do, however, work to make new habits and changes for the better.  For example, I’ve quit being a couch lizard and started back at the gym.  David has been my encourager; he has been meeting me at the gym when I get off work.  It makes it easier for me if I have a buddy (him) there to cheer me on.  If I can get past the first few minutes, I find my energy level rises and I can make it through 15 minutes of weights and 30 minutes on the treadmill.  

I especially like the newer treadmills that I can watch/listen to a TV show or listen to music.   Sometimes I can catch a rerun of NCIS; those days I stay on the treadmill to finish the show.  (I can’t leave Gibbs and his gang until they solve the murder).  

My wish for you is a healthy, happy, blessed 2012.  

No comments:

Post a Comment