Friday, August 5, 2011

Christine Schwab interview post #5


For many years, you felt you had to hide your Rheumatoid Arthritis for fear you would lose your career and lifestyle?  What has changed in Hollywood that you finally feel able to share your story in this book?
Nothing has changed in Hollywood! They don't want to talk about arthritis because it is still associated with being old and crippled even though that is not the case. My goal with this book is to change the perception. My life has always been about style, yet I have arthritis. And I know there are many celebrities that have it and like me are afraid to speak out. Arthritis today is NOT the same as it was for our parents and grandparents. New drugs and treatments are changing arthritis but now we need to remove the stigma.  We need celebrities to come forward and make it ok to talk about arthritis.  (Reader, notice Christine's second book published in 2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment