Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Christine Schwab interview post #3

If I read correctly, your symptoms began September 1990 when you were in New York City doing makeovers for Regis and Kathie Lee.  You suspected you had overdone your exercise routine when your feet starting hurting.  By October you were seeing your doctor in an effort to get relief from the pain.  Before the doctor gave you the RA diagnosis, did you have an inkling that your life had changed permanently?

No. I was positive I had injured myself on the treadmill and wearing heels. Arthritis was the farthest thing from my mind. After the diagnosis in January I was in denial. I couldn't have arthritis. I was young, physically toned and a television personality. In my mind I didn't fit the profile. Denial had always worked in my childhood and it worked once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment