Thursday, August 4, 2011

Christine Schwab interview post #4


As I read your book, you made me feel your physical pain and mental distress as you fought to keep your career going in spite of your physical problems.  On page 66 you made a profound statement that people dealing with pain will identify with.  “When you’re in pain, side effects become secondary to relief.”  Do you have any residual side effects (besides the osteoporosis you talked about)?
I do. I have some damage to my hands that occurred when I was in the UCLA research program because unbeknownst to me I was on placebo the entire time and that was when the damage occurred. I had some loss of hair from some drugs and I had a few hair transplants (that I did a segment on ET about) around my face. One drug caused small amount of hearing loss. As you know most drugs have side effects but when you are in chronic pain what choice do you have? And all in all my side effects are minor in comparison to the pain I was in. And if you met me today you would never know of my arthritis ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment