Thursday, December 15, 2011

In the News--#2 dread of Americans this holiday season

#2 dread of Americans at this holiday season:  gaining weight.  I’m not alone on this one.  What can we do to better avoid this situation? A few suggestions include:

1.  Don’t go hungry to an event.  Eat a healthy snack so you’re not starving.  (My personal experiences say when I’m hungry, everything looks good and I eat too much).  

2.  My weight watcher leader tells us to ask for a to-go box at restaurants and divide your meal BEFORE you begin to eat.  We have started doing this; we eat less and have a great meal of left-overs.  

3.  Add some exercise to every day.  Can you spare ten minutes (or more if possible) to walk?  If we add exercise to the day, we use some of the calories we eat.  

4.  It’s Christmas and I’m going to enjoy it.  Isn’t that why New Year’s Resolutions are good?   (Seriously, I believe we should enjoy the goodies, the special foods that mean a lot to us.  Then in early January we can hit the gym.  I’m not saying this is the best attitude.  I’m telling you this is my attitude.)  

Oh well, Enjoy your Christmas season, my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment