Saturday, June 11, 2011

Value of laughter #5

I personally have difficulty with this topic.  I want to see things as funny because I know it’s good for me.  However, often that’s not my first reaction.  So what do I do?  Some good suggestions come from the psychologists at Helpguide.org:  “Smile…count your blessings…when you hear laughter, move toward it…spend time with fun, playful people…bring humor into conversations.”
I did find myself laughing at a story told by another attendee at the Heartland Writers Guild conference this past weekend.  This gal started telling me about making a gourmet meal for her husband; she spent hours planning and preparing this meal.  She spent $22 just for a fancy cut beef steak to fix.  The day of the big meal she presented her gourmet meal to her husband who ate it quietly.  Afterwards, she couldn’t stand it any longer.  “Well, honey, how was your dinner?”  He looked at her and said, “the carrots were good.”   I laughed; she had a great delivery to her story.  Maybe it was a (had to be there)  but I found it funny.  Thanks my friend for a good laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment