Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Vitamin D--the Sunshine vitamin

Lying around a swimming pool at the Dreams Los Cabos Suites was tough duty and we were willing volunteers.  We needed several doses of vitamin D, the sunshine vitamin.  According to Medline.gov, ten to fifteen minutes of sunshine three times a week enables our bodies to manufacture the vitamin D we need.  We easily met those doses. 
Every day JL and I spent part of our day “vegging” (relaxing and de-stressing).  We slathered on sunscreen and enjoyed the peace and quiet of the pool area.  If I closed my eyes (behind sunglasses and hat), I could hear the deep bass rumble of the waves crashing on the beach.  It was peaceful there and a small siesta (nap) fit right into our schedule. 
I know not everyone wants to travel away from home.   But in your choices, you can make time in your life for doses of vitamin D (the sunshine vitamin) and vitamin V (vegging, relaxing and de-stressing). 

No comments:

Post a Comment