Friday, March 25, 2011

Massage, anyone?

The Arthritis foundation recommends massage to decrease stress and pain.  Massage also relaxes a person’s muscles and can help improve flexibility. 
While at the Los Cabos Dreams resort, JL and I went to the resort spa.  I had the best Swedish massage of my life!  When we walked into the spa, the mood music and soft lights set a “come and relax” tone to our visit.  I was stretched, oiled, and rubbed by a masseuse named Cynthia. 
After our massages, we spent time in the whirlpool, sauna and steam rooms.  We truly relaxed.  Afterwards I noticed I have more range of motion in my neck.  I’ve come to realize I carry my stresses in my neck and shoulder.  Muscles become more tight and flexibility decreases.   Massage is not only pleasurable, but it’s a healthy practice that you can choose to add to your life.  Enjoy. 
 More information about massage at the Arthritis Today website: 
http://www.arthritistoday.org/symptoms/pain/getting-back-at-back-pain.php

No comments:

Post a Comment