Thursday, March 1, 2012

Radio interview

Thursday February 16, I interviewed with Faune Riggin of 960KZIM Talk radio about my Caregiver’s Guide:  Care for Yourself While You Care for Your Loved Ones.  Taking David as my driver and trusty support person, I was nervous on the trip to the radio station.  (I had eaten a small breakfast so I knew I wouldn’t throw up but the butterflies were flapping in my belly.)

When we entered Faune’s studio, I was immediately fascinated.  She was standing surrounded on  three-sides with a bar-height desk with multiple pieces of broadcast equipment.  Faune was operating all that equipment by herself.  She was wearing a head set and talking into her microphone.   She greeted us, then switched to her broadcast and talked briefly during a commercial.  She was a successful multi-tasker as she read some news headline clips, then pushed a button for a commercial.  She gave a weather forecast and pushed a button for a music clip.  She was organized.  She educated me on the use of the microphone in front of me and then she introduced me.  We interviewed about my book.  (She had done her homework and read my book; she understood the topic well.)  

I forgot to be nervous; I was amazed at Faune’s composure and technical skills.  She had her act together.  Because of Faune’s kindness and skill during the interview, I found the radio interview painless.  I was pleased with my interview.  (Not bad for a gal (me) who failed her first speech and dropped speech class back in my college days.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment