Monday, December 5, 2011

Interview with Margaret Norton, writer of "When Ties Break"


Margaret Norton, life coach, writer and speaker shares her memoir called, ‘When Ties Break’.  

Imagine this:  after Margaret’s beloved father’s funeral, all immediate family members returned to her parent’s home.  That evening, Margaret’s older brother kicked her out of the family group, telling her ‘we don’t love you.  You don’t fit in with the rest of us.’  Heartbroken and bewildered that her brother was treating her this way while other family members just watched, Margaret left.  But her memoir, When Ties Break, isn’t just about the sad, negative times of her life. 

Margaret, thank you, for sharing your experiences with us.  When I was reading your book, I felt your sorrow and pain.  You have dealt with several difficult events.  What was the worst and how did you deal with it?

First of all I don't feel that my experiences were worse than anyone else. We all experience loss, change, hurt and stress. Some people seem to get more than their fair share while others appear to breeze through life with no cares at all. Sometimes change is unwanted and sometimes it's due to choices we make but change is necessary for life to go on. The most difficult event in my life was the day of my father’s funeral when my older brother excommunicated me from the family. My life changed drastically overnight and it has never been the same. I didn't go back home for five years and I spend 17 years trying to put my life and my family back together.   


Margaret (Norton) Whichard can be found at www.margaretnortonlifecoach.com,
Her memoir, When Ties Break can be downloaded on Kindle at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005PTVZCS

No comments:

Post a Comment