Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Book Review & Interview for Margaret Norton


Margaret Norton, life coach, speaker and writer of a memoir, When Ties’ Break, dealt with grief over her father’s death while being separated from her mother and sisters because her brother kicked her out of the family circle.  How did Margaret overcoming her pain and sorrow? She learns how to use her faith, forgive and move on with life.  Margaret’s story talks about overcoming and choosing to rebuild her life.  This inspiring book gives insight into how one person made her life better. 

Margaret, Can you tell us what choice(s) you have made which moved your life in a positive way?

The number one choice that I made was to forgive all of those who had hurt me deeply. This wasn't easy and I had to work through all of my feelings to get to that point. I came to the realization that my family was broken or dysfunctional - as most families are to some degree. I also determined that I allowed my family and many others throughout my life to abuse me in one way or the other. There are many types of abuse with many dimensions - too numerous to address here. I came to the conclusion that abusing others was a choice as was allowing others to abuse you - although it's not that simple. Once I figured out the pattern of abuse in my life I was on the road to preventing it.  
 


Throughout your memoir you talk about your faith in God.  As the daughter of a minister, you’ve learned from a young age about God and religion. Please share with us your belief and faith in God.

My faith in God is what always got me through the difficult times. No matter how bad it was I  knew that God loved me. I felt that he had a purpose for me even though at times it was very unclear as to what that was. I struggled for a long time with questions such as why bad things happened to good people, how children raised in a parsonage could mistreat each other and why so many Christians preached one thing  but lived another. It was only after I stopped looking for these answers and learned to accept the bad in my life that I found peace. Eventually I came to believe that these bad experiences were not in vain and that my purpose was to share my story with others.

Margaret (Norton) Whichard can be found at www.margaretnortonlifecoach.com,
Her memoir, When Ties Break can be downloaded on Kindle at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005PTVZCS

3 comments:

  1. It's always so good to see someone who has gone through so much pain and sorrow talking about how they made it through. Forgiveness is so powerful! :)

    Thanks for these great questions and answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Margo. Margaret shares powerful information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Installing Norton Antivirus is a simple action and aural a minute or two, your software will be absolutely installed and accessible for use.

    Norton 360 for small business

    ReplyDelete