Sunday, April 7, 2013

In the News--Nurses can play key role



In the News—Nurses can play key role in reducing deaths from world’s more common diseases



According to the World Health Organization (WHO), four non-communicable (not infectious)  types of disease cause 60% of the deaths world-wise.  These four include cardiovascular (heart and vascular) diseases, cancers, chronic respiratory (lung) disease and diabetes.   Nurses comprise almost 50% of healthcare workers and can provide information about diseases.  Knowledgeable consumers can work to minimize their risk factors and improve their health by adopting health lifestyle behaviors.  More information can be found at this news item can be found  

This news article makes me ask you, my blog readers, what health topics would you want me to cover/talk about?  Here’s your chance.  You can respond on this blog or send me a message at sharonehohler@gmail.com  Thanks for your input.  


The next three blog posts will provide trusted medical and health information sources.  These are sources I use (or would feel safe to use).  I hope you find this helpful.    

No comments:

Post a Comment