Monday, November 14, 2011

Holiday priorities

As we enter this holiday season, I must say I love the holidays.  Thanksgiving reminds me to be grateful for all the blessings I’ve received.  Christmas brings the story of the Christ child, our Hope for salvation.  I also love the trimmings of the holidays, with the turkey and the Christmas parties, and so on. 
However, I recognize the holidays bring stress to many people.  We expend extra time and money trying to think of the perfect gift for our loved ones.  I’m coping ok so far this year, but as always, our lives will get hectic. 

As we enter the season, take a big breath and prioritize.  What are the most important things you really want to accomplish?  This year I must say a priority is spending time with loved ones.  What things do not matter?  Whether I get cookies baked.  Since David may not agree, my compromise is to order ready-to-bake cookie dough from my co-worker’s daughter.  (It’s a win-win situation, David will get his favorite oatmeal-raisin cookies, I will spend less time in the kitchen, and my co-worker’s daughter gets college fund money.) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment