Monday, April 28, 2014

Dealing with allergies #2

Do you deal with allergies? 
1.     I have found that wearing a mask when I am doing ‘deep cleaning’ helps protect me from dust which causes me a miserable allergic reaction. 

2.     Allergy medicines can help keep the symptoms under control.  Talk to your doctor about which allergy medicines are safest for you to take.  Some of the over-the-counter antihistamine medicines can make you sleepy and feel ‘foggy’ with your thinking.

3.     Some of my friends at work suffered with severe allergies and they have found ‘allergy shots’ have improved their health.  Allergy shots, given under the care of allergy or ear nose and throat (ENT) doctors, give small doses of the allergen so your body learns to tolerate the allergen.  Allergy shots decrease the miserable symptoms and the risk of a severe allergic reaction. 
This information can be found at http://www.healthfinder.org/News/Article/686022/allergy-season

No comments:

Post a Comment