Thursday, January 24, 2013

Wheat Belly



Have you heard of the New York Times bestseller book called Wheat Belly by William Davis, MDOur journey into decreasing wheat in our diet began when my niece and her husband mentioned they were decreasing the amount of wheat products they eat.  I knew a few months ago her husband was having some vague symptoms which sent him to his family doctor.  All medical tests came back normal and we were glad to hear those results.  However, he continued having some symptoms which included vague GI symptoms.  They read the book Wheat Belly and decided to try the author’s plan and decrease/eliminate wheat from their diet.  They have been pleased with their results and shared that with us.  Then one of my co-workers shared her experience with eliminating wheat from her diet and her good results.

I want you to know I (and my family) do not chase after diets.  I believe we need a balanced diet.  Diets which eliminate an entire food group are restrictive and often fail because people need variety in their diets.  When I began to read Wheat Belly, I was intrigued with the author’s information. More about the Wheat Belly theory next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment