Monday, January 28, 2013

Wheat Belly part 3



My husband and I decided to work at decreasing/eliminating wheat from our diet.  That’s not an easy task; wheat flour is in many products we routinely eat.  You can find “gluten free” alternatives.  However Dr Davis cautions in his book to not go overboard in substituting other high glycemic index grains (such as rice and oats).  Use these grains sparingly and enjoy them. 

How are we doing?  My husband is very pleased with this way of eating; he was having some vague gastrointestinal symptoms which have stopped.  I find that I am not hungry as often and am snacking less.  We are eating more lean proteins and cheese, fresh vegetables and fruits, raw nuts and non-wheat grain products in limited quantities as we see fit. I am not suggesting you change your eating habits; I am just sharing this information. Before you try eating like this, read this book and talk to your doctor.   This way of eating may not be right for everyone. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm not eliminating wheat, but am trying to limit processed foods and eat more fruit and vegetables.

    ReplyDelete