Wednesday, September 12, 2012

That's being human



I recently did a really dumb thing:  I went outside to work in our flower beds and got bit by some critter.  One bite on my arm isn’t significant but the bite on the back of my left ear caused infection.  My earlobe got hot, swollen and painful and it moved down into my neck.  Within 24 hours I knew my home remedies (cleaning my earrings twice a day and using antibiotic ointment) were not going to be strong enough.  The bite and its infection was making me sick.  I made a trip to the doctor, got antibiotics and have used this restful weekend to recuperate. 
Now, back to the dumb thing:  I did not use insect repellent.  I told my family I had just finished writing about critters that bug us and how to protect ourselves.  Then I didn’t.  My sister reminded me that “sometimes we forget to do what we should.  That’s being human.” I appreciated her kindness because I was kicking myself for being dumb.   

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I am glad you are back on the road to recovery. And it's so easy to NOT practice what we preach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Margo. I appreciate your comment. You are right--we sometimes forget to practice what we preach.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete