Monday, November 7, 2011

How many excuses do we (I) use for not exercising?

As we enter the holiday season and cold winter months, we recognize that we may move less and gain weight.  What should I (we) do to cope in a healthy way?  Add some exercise to our routine.  Can we do that this winter?  Yes, if we choose.  How can we add exercise to our life? 
Some of us (me) pay for a gym membership.  It’s convenient to stop on my drive home.  Why don’t I when I recognize the benefits.  I’m just like you when it comes to dealing with my weight.  I’ve got many excuses for driving past the gym.  ‘I’m tired.’  ‘I’m hungry.’ ‘David is waiting for me and we have plans.’ And on and on.  

And yet, I gain many benefits from exercising at the gym such as keeping my metabolism up so I don’t gain weight.  I sleep better when I exercise.  My stress level decreases when I exercise.   (Can you tell I am preaching to myself here?) Ok, so I’m going to begin next week (again) to stop at the gym on my way home and I’m going to like it.  (Actually, I will like it once I’m there.)  If you don’t belong to a fitness gym, what can you do to add exercise?  More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment