Friday, November 25, 2011

Gratitude is a healthy attitude

In your hurry-and-scurry routine, have you stopped to count your blessings?  Do you have blessings to count?  Some say yes and others may not feel so many blessings this year. With hard economic times, many people feel the pinch of lost job or lost income.  In these times, what do you have to be thankful for?

A friend of mine was telling me of a class she’s attending.  She was supposed to be thankful for 30 things every day for a week.  30 things every day? ( I asked with my mouth hanging open)  Wow.  That’s a lot.  She said some things are small things and some are big.  Ok, let’s try it.

So I am thankful I have a yummy cup of coffee (with caramel macchiato flavoring) sitting on my desk.  I am thankful for a wonderful ‘early Christmas’ with family in Dallas this past weekend.  I am thankful for a safe trip home on a rainy, gloomy day.  I am thankful for family and friends ‘near and far’ who we love and who love us.  Last but most importantly, I’m thankful for a God who loves us and Baby Jesus who brought us salvation.  

If I listed everything separately, I could probably come up with 30 things right here.  And do you notice that these things aren’t about money?  I do recognize that we needed money for a trip to Dallas and Christmas presents.  However, some of the best things in life aren’t about money, like the sweet hugs given by 5 and 11 year old girls.  Or having my back rubbed by my husband of 32 years.   These blessings are priceless.  As we continue this holiday season, my wish for both you and I is that we recognize the priceless things in our lives and enjoy them.   

Did you know that gratitude is a healthy attitude?  More tomorrow.   


No comments:

Post a Comment