Friday, October 21, 2011

Book page edits


I’m reporting that book page edits are going well.  The first editing phase I read (yes, I read the entire book) out loud for sentence structure, grammar, etc.  That’s done.  

During the second editing phase I’m pulling out files and checking every fact and statistic for accuracy.  Then I check every reference.  As you can imagine, a few internet websites have changed in 10 months.  I checked every website in January before I sent the manuscript to the publisher but some have changed/moved so I’m making those corrections.   
I’ve waded through chapter 12 of 15 so I’m making great progress.  
My goal is to finish phase 2 of editing by next Monday.  (The entire project is due to the publisher early November so I’m doing ok.)  However, short term goals keep me focused. 

Fortunately, I have a supportive husband who is a good sport about all this writing business.  In fact, he’s cooking supper tonight.  We’re having hamburgers in mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes and green peas.  As my sister would say, “it works for me.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment