Friday, April 29, 2011

Osteoarthritis post #2

Are you among the 27 million Americans who deal with osteoarthritis (OA)?  May is Arthritis month.  I’m beginning this series early because there is lots to say about osteoarthritis.  I will answer questions such as
what is osteoarthritis?  Who gets it?  Can a person prevent osteoarthritis? 
What risk factors increase a person’s risk of developing osteoarthritis?  What recommended treatments are available?  Medications, alternative treatments, surgical treatments.  Check back daily for information about osteoarthritis.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting series, Sharon. My mom has rheumatoid arthritis and I will tell her it is arthritis month. She is amazing to me because in spite of being in pain every day, she doesn't let this stop her. And she also feels better when her weight is under control. ANyway, thanks for the informative posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margo.

    Congratulations to your mom for choosing to enjoy life and be healthy, in spite of her RA.

    When I get the contest up and going, tell her to comment --my book is about osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. You might enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete