Monday, March 24, 2014

Being a superb grandma

Last weekend we traveled to Dallas to visit daughter, son-in-law and two granddaughters.  Soon after we arrived at their home, it became apparent that Granddaughter 1 (the older girl) had become ill with a stomach ailment.  She became ill and began throwing up.  Poor child was so miserable; this continued through Friday night with many episodes of her being sick.  Being the good grandma I am, I would check on her whenever I heard her.  Finally I went into her room and sat at the foot of her bed.  She was so miserable and welcomed the company.  She laid her head on my leg and tried to sleep.  I rubbed her hair and her shoulders and could feel her relaxing and falling asleep.  I even sang “Soft Kittie” to her  (think Big Bang Theory for that one).   

Saturday morning she began to feel less nauseated and recovered from whatever caused her illness.  By Saturday nite she was able to eat the homemade chicken noodle soup I had cooked for us.  I felt that the time spent comforting my granddaughter was a precious time together and worth the sleep I missed that night.  I washed my hands a lot that weekend; I guess it worked because both hubby and I stayed healthy. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment