Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Grit and the social aspect of our lives

Grit and social
A group of people who support us in our goals help us build our grit-strength.  When we begin a new goal/job/career/passion, most likely we will have failures as well as successes.  Often as we begin, we fail several times and in several ways.  What will we do?  Go away and quietly suffer in silence.  That may be necessary for a short while, but don’t let those failures become a lifestyle.  Turn to your support group and get help.

My first support group is my family and close friends.  They listen when I need to vent about failures and frustrations.  They celebrate my successes   As I began to write, I found and joined Heartland Writers Group.  This group accepted me, taught me and two members became my mentors.  They taught me how to succeed as a writer.  Later I joined the Missouri Writers Guild and have friends who are a great resource:  they willingly share their knowledge as they encourage me and cheer me in successes.  I am currently members in both groups.  More information about grit can be found at http://www.uthealthleader.org/index/article.htm?id=3f86f187-b9d3-42f0-adce-d651499f5f9a
Next time I will talk about grit and the physical component.

No comments:

Post a Comment