Friday, January 3, 2014

#1 of Top 7 Blog posts of 2013



We begin 2014 with our Top 7 blog posts of 2013.  Visualizing healing (February 2013)
 
While I was recovering from the bleeding ulcer (in 2012), I spent time thinking about my anemia and imagined my bone marrow cells busy and happy making new red blood cells.  It didn’t matter that I did not know exactly what bone marrow cells look like; I could have looked it up on the internet but that wasn’t the point.  I was meditating positive thoughts and energy to my body.  A doctor friend asked me one day how my blood cells were doing.  My response was, “busy and happy making new cells.  They don’t like being few in number and lonely so I am making more.”  During this time I was taking iron supplement and eating foods high in iron to give my body the iron it needed to make new cells. I ate more fried chicken livers than I have eaten in years and years (it was actually a good excuse to eat chicken livers.)
This visualization and meditation practice is actually recommended by the Meditation Society of America.  To get more information for this practice which could be used to promote health in many situations, read Visualization of Cellular Healing, http://www.meditationsociety.com/week29.html
I am happy to report that 11 weeks after my bleeding ulcer experience, my stomach feels fine, and my blood count has returned to normal.  Treatment has been successful.  Major progress has been made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment