Monday, December 3, 2012

In the News--NYPD Officer gives boots to homeless man--the homeless man



During his interview, Officer Larry Deprimo’s said the homeless man responded to his offer of help with the words, “no thank you, officer.  God bless you.”  Later after the compassionate police officer put the newly purchased socks and shoes on the man, the homeless man thanked him and said, “God bless you and stay safe.”  http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/30/nypd-officer-christmas-spirit-kindness-for-homeless-man-goes-viral/?test=latestnews

I am putting my own thoughts into this story:  a homeless man wearing no shoes and socks in New York City during a cold November night has to be cold and miserable.  However, he was able to respond with civility and courtesy.   I am wondering what enables the homeless man to respond in such a positive way.  As I ponder this event (and both sides of this story) I am considering gratitude and thankfulness.  You will hear more from me about this topic through this Christmas season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment