Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Relationships and Health



You might wonder why I’ve spent two weeks sharing information about relationships.  Don’t I write about health and wellness?  Why should I be talking about relationships?  We are social people and our interactions with significant people in our lives affect us.   

 An April 2013 study looked at nearly 5000 people and found that “the quality of a person’s relationships with a spouse, family and friends predicted the likelihood of major depression disorder in the future.”  People dealing with difficult relationships (unsupportive and strained spouses) were more likely to become depressed than people who had no spouse.  This study can be found at http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/04/130430194037.htm  

So, as we approach the holiday season, can we stop and be glad for our supportive, loving people?  I’ve been blessed with family and friends who enrich my life.  I am thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment