Saturday, August 25, 2012

Another ancient critter who bugs us --ticks


Ticks are another ancient critter that bug us. When I have been bitten by ticks, I find the bite area becomes a sore which itches and heals very slowly. Weeks later I am still dealing with that slowly healing, itchy sore spot. I have become very watchful for ticks on myself and my husband.  I don’t want to be a meal for some tick. And even worse than that, ticks carry diseases like Lyme Disease and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. I discussed these two illnesses and how to protect yourself on my blog April 16-18, 2012 so I will refer you to those posts. 

1 comment:

  1. I am careful about ticks also! I used to consider them an annoyance, but the diseases they carry can be serious. Thanks for sharing, and I love this series on ancient diseases and critters.

    ReplyDelete