Friday, July 20, 2012

Our anniversary


I got lucky when I married my husband 33 years ago.  This hardworking man has a kind, honest heart.  He treats people, including me, well.  It has been my pleasure being his wife for these years with more years ahead.   
When I give advice to young gals about marrying the man of their dreams, this is what I say:  marry the man who you like and respect; who is your best friend.  

A recent study found that “giving your heart to a supportive spouse turns out to be an excellent way to stay alive…happily wedded people who undergo coronary bypass surgery are more than three times as likely to be alive 15 years later as their unmarried counterparts.”  This report can be found at Science Daily, Is Marriage Good for the Heart?  http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/08/110822091848.htm  or at University of Rochester (2011, August 22). Is marriage good for the heart?. ScienceDaily. Retrieved June 30, 2012, from http://www.sciencedaily.com­ /releases/2011/08/110822091848.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment