Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day


“A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.”  Tenneva Jordan (Lorenz, P, Positive Quotes for Every Day, Publications International Limited, 2010,) 137. 
My mom lived the unselfish life.  I remember during my 6th grade year we moved 30 miles south and I started at a new school.  We visited churches and found a new church home.  I was shy and this move forced me to make new friends.  My new church girlfriend was from an affluent family.  She had cute clothes and jewelry.  Buying new clothes was suddenly important to me; my mom was an excellent seamstress and made most of my clothes.  Mom understood why I wanted to ‘buy’ my clothes and she managed to find money for a new Easter dress and shoes, etc.  I’m not sure that buying clothes fit into the budget but she accomplished it.  Mom sacrificed her Easter dress to buy her youngest daughter a new outfit. 
I hope I told Mom thank you; I bet she knew.  

Happy Mother's Day to loving women who give so much to their families. 

No comments:

Post a Comment